GCMM Evangelistic Campaign Triggers Avalanche of Response
Great Commission Media Ministries – Dar es Salaam, East Africa
We have just received some incredible news regarding our evangelistic media campaign in Tanzania. I have to share it with you immediately because I know it will be a great encouragement to you. This news is truly remarkable. Here are some results from the Tanzania campaign which has recently ended.
140,000 calls were received at the call centre.
Of these 90,000 were spiritual inquiries from Tanzanian Muslims!
Held in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania’s largest city, thousands of calls were received from beyond the city.
Though the campaign has officially ended, the call centre is still active and receives several hundred calls per day!
Media agencies who measure effectiveness of campaigns suggest that for each person
who calls the centre, 50 others would have seen and been touched by the same message,
but didn’t call. That translates into between 7 million and 9 million people who were
reached by the campaign.
And there’s more, much more to tell!
One Dar es Salaam pastor excitedly reports that 377 people he knows of have personally made commitments to receive Jesus.
Another pastor was thrilled to tell us that last week at his church 18 Muslims received Jesus as Lord and Savior.
People who contact the call center request a “Power to Change” book that explains the good news of salvation in their own language. We printed 90,000 books but have completely run out. We need to print 100,000 more, minimum. Wow!
The openness to the gospel in Tanzania is unprecedented. The harvest is truly ripe and we need to be harvesting now. We urgently need to print more Power to Change booklets. This evangelistic tool is being used effectively to lead people to Christ. The cost is only $.75/book.
If this is a venture you’d like to partner with us please let us know. In the meantime, join with us in thanking God for what He has done and continues to do in Tanzania, and in praying for a great harvest for His Kingdom.
100,000 Gospel Books Needed
“The 90,000 books are not enough, not even nearly enough! Even 100,000 books will not be enough!” said Daniel.
I knew that 100,000 books would cost about $75,000 to $80,000, which we did not have. I promised Daniel that we would present this challenge to our prayer partners and supporters. I told Daniel: “We need to pray for a financial miracle to meet that need!” Somehow, the Lord would provide.
Indeed it was harvest time in Tanzania.
We thank the Lord for each and every partner. Your prayers and donations make this historic mission possible.
Great Commission Media Ministries News
Hong Kong is an important Southeast Asian mega city with a population of 7.4 million.
Demonstrations in Hong Kong continue to dominate the news
around the world.
– Great Commission Media Ministries has contacted church leaders in Hong Kong regarding the possibility to conduct a city wide mass media evangelism campaign. Time for such a campaign may be short. The possible intervention of Mainland China would render any such plans impossible. Mainland China would implement severe restrictions in the life of the Church.
– Consensus for a sweeping media campaign among Church
leaders is an important condition for a mega city.
In the spring of 2017 an historic mega city campaign launched in Havana, Cuba. Altogether 328 churches joined hands with GCM Ministries to conduct an exceptional evangelistic campaign that shook the city.
– GCMM printed 150,000 "El Poder Para Transformar" campaign books in Brazil. A miracle was needed to ship those 150,000 books to Havana and into the hands of the churches. That miracle happened.
– Thousands of Cubans made a decision to follow Jesus Christ. Pastors told how whole families of military officers and the police force as well as students and teachers had made professions of faith in Jesus. Two years later confused Government officials were still trying to figure out who had given permission to import the 150,000 campaign books into the country.
– Churches have asked GCMM for more books. At this writing 10,000 new books have been printed inside Cuba despite tight restrictions on printing evangelistic literature in Cuba.
While the fighting between Russian backed separatists and the Ukrainian Army continues into its fifth year in East Ukraine, GCMM is preparing to launch a sweeping evangelistic media campaign along a 400-mile stretch of active war zone.
– Churches along the front lines, many of which are in small villages, have joined to proclaim to two million residents of the war zone that God gives men and women everywhere the power to change.
– The western press is silent on the ongoing war that continues to claim lives of soldiers every day. Campaign hub offices will be set up in the cities of Mariupol on the shores of the Sea of Azoz and in Slavyansk, a city occupied by Russian backed forces in the early days of the war—but liberated since then. The campaign will reach cities on both sides of the front lines including Russian controlled Donetsk and Luhansk.
Calutta, one of India's largest cities, was home to Nobel Peace Prize recipient Mother Teresa. Together with 350 churches in Calcutta Great Commission Media Ministries conducted a mega city media campaign in December 2017 triggering a previously unforeseen harvest of souls in the city.
– Initially, over 250,000 people responded to the month-long campaign. Hundreds of thousands of copies of the "Power to Change" books in Bengali, Hindi and English were hand-delivered to those responding to the campaign.
– To date, the number of those responding and calling the campaign toll free number has swelled to 500,000!
– Prior to Caclutta, GCM Ministries had conducted similar campaigns in Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Chennai.
In July of 2016, President Putin signed a draconian "antiterrorism" law that has been used primarily and mercilessly against the Church.
– The law has severely restricted missionary efforts of the evangelical Church inside Russia. There are reports of church-based rehab centers that have been shut down, church properties that have been torn down, of Christians that have been arrested and fined for posting Christian messages on the internet.
– Currently, another law is being drafted in Russia's Parliament, the Duma. The law would prohibit holding any Christian activity in private homes. Banned activity is said to include praying or singing hymns with friends or neighbors. Bible reading in a group would also be prohibited.
– GCMM has been asked by churches to print more New Testaments, Gospels of John and Children's material while it is still possible. The requested literature would require a budget of $500,000
The Middle East
Great Commission Media Ministries reaches deep into the heart of the Islamic World. GCMM produces Gospel programs in Arabic,
Farsi, Somali, Sudanese Arabic, Amharic. Programming in Turkish is soon to follow.
– These programs are telecast daily over 16 satellites across Islamic North Africa, the Middle East and all the way to the border of India. One billion Muslims live within the footprint of these satellites.
– The viewing audience has been researched and found to be over 100 million viewers regularly.
– On average 200,000 responses are received every month. Low key processing centers are situated throughout the Middle East in relatively safe locations.
– GCMM has conducted major city media campaigns in Iraq, Lebanon, the West Bank, Gaza, South Sudan, Tanzania.
Giving always has a double blessing attached to it; the recipient experiences the joy of new doors opened and new opportunities realized.
The giver discovers the reward of being part of something bigger than themselves. The giver secures a legacy that will be an investment for eternity, long after he/she is gone to be with the Lord.
Planned giving balances the needs of our loved ones accompanied by the opportunity of being a strategic part of the Great Commission. Mark 16:15, Matthew 28: 19-20.
Great Commission Media Ministries exists to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with this lost generation through high impact, strategic, evangelistic media ministry. HIS last command is our first priority.
We will provide assistance to you in the planning your Will. You will have access to professional estate planning specialists, whose planning tools and experience will help you be the best steward of all God has entrusted to you.
For more information, please visit gcmediaministries.org/planned-giving
"Like Joshua at Jericho, like Moses at the red sea we can expect to see God opening doors to reach the nations in our generation. Together we can reach so many more souls for whom Jesus died. Join us. Let’s do it together!"